Thursday, January 5, 2017

Narcissim and personality disorders.

My name is not really important for now. But you can call me Hank Tahelluride. I will have to share with you later why the psyudonym. I was raised by a mother with borderline personality disorder and a father with obsessive compulsive personality disorder. It was as you can only imagine a living hell. I have four siblings two younger and two older. To complicate the situation I had the misfortune to be the family scapegoat. It didn't help that I was an unusually large person and I didn't discover until much later in life that I am also extremely dyslexic. So naturally I was reminded every minute of every day how much I needed to feel ashamed of myself for being so "fat and stupid".
For reasons that I cannot explain I always believed in my heart that I was not what the"family" said I was.  Sure I was miserable and I struggled to find a sense of self. However the same things that my abusers said that I should be ashamed of turned out to be my greatest assets. I am planning to write a series of blogs sharing my experiences in dealing with the malignant narcissim of personality disorders and the sickness that accompanies them.
Moreover I want to share the details of recovering and dealing with the aftermath of life in what I call the damage path of the emotional tornado. After I became an adult and emancipated from my family of origin I was far from being okay. I also went through four divorces and have looked at this from every angle imaginable. I now enjoy a successful career and have a good relationship with two of my three children. The fence is currently being mended with the third child.(they're all grown)

I am hoping that writing these blog's will be cathartic for the reader as well as the writer.
Thanks for reading,
Hank

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Glenn. I am planning to do just that. I have a great deal to share on the subject.

    ReplyDelete